Friday, September 13, 2013

Welcome Back!

I am welcoming myself back into the blog world. I started blogging in 2011 and really enjoyed it. Then I moved to a new state, grade level, and started coaching softball. It was really just too much to do. I'm hoping to stick with it a little bit better this time because I feel settled!

For now I teach first grade in a Title 1 school. Whew - that's a great story. I was told I was moving from 3rd to K the last week of school. I prepped for all of June and part of July before learning that enrollment had shifted and I would be teaching 1st grade. Best of all - I delivered a baby a week before school so the summer was EVENTFUL to say the least. I really love people asking me what I do. Right now I tell them that I teach 1st grade - yet I truly haven't taught first grade a day in my life! Not yet, anyway. I'm sure I will love it.

For now I will end with this. It really sums up teaching in my opinion. Maybe it's not humorous to nonteachers, but I especially love the 'What I actually do.'  Teaching is hard work!


No comments:

Post a Comment